Online registration for football and cheer is open as of March 23, 2020. The cost is $185 for Football, $150 for Cheer and Flag Football. Please note there is NO early bird registration discount this season.
Ready to sign your child up for youth football or cheerleading with the Warhawks? To register online, follow these steps:
1. Go to the following link:
2. This will bring you to the Activity Search page with the various ages for football. You can also search for code RP5305.
3. Select the appropriate age for your child and add it to your cart.
4. Check out and complete your registration.
5. If you are registering for Cheerleading, go to the same link in Step 1, change the code in the Search box to RP5304.
6. This will bring you to the Activity Search page with the various ages for cheerleading.
7. Complete Steps 3 and 4 above.
NOTE: If this is your first time registering online, to register, you must have an online password/account with Howard County Recreation and Parks. If you don't already have an account, click on the Start button from the menu across the top of the page . Select the "Sign In" button under the "Welcome to Howard County Registration Online". Select the"Create New Account" button. There is no cost to set up an account. An approval password will be emailed to you within 24-48 hours.
Please call 410-313-7275 if you have any issues or would like to register over the phone. Please watch for the email to come from Howard County Recreation and Parks with the instructions for registering your player/cheerleader and further details about the upcoming Howard County little league football season.
The Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football and Cheer is committed to ensuring a positive youth football experience and advancing player safety this fall by providing league-wide coaching education and teaching resources that benefit players, parents and coaches through USA Football’s Heads Up Football program.
USA Football is the official youth development partner of the NFL and its 32 teams. Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football and Cheer is comprised of more than 200 players and cheerleaders and over 30 coaches. Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football coaches will be trained in Heads Up Football techniques before leading their teams this season. All Warhawk head coaches and assistant coaches will complete USA Football’s accredited Level 1 Coach Certification Course, which includes Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concussion recognition and response protocols, proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting, and Heads Up tackling techniques, which aim to take the head out of the line of contact.
Through Heads Up Football, a Player Safety Coach is trained by USA Football to implement, evaluate and monitor all Heads Up Football player safety protocols within the organization. Player Safety Coach works with league commissioners, coaches, parents and players throughout the season to provide on-site clinics and mentoring to ensure that coaching and youth football best practices are used.
Attention all 2020 Football Coaches -- Please go to the Forms & Downloads section of our For Coaches tab and fill out the 2020 Football Coaching Application if you are considering coaching this season. All coaches MUST fill out an application and send it to Larry Thompson: email@example.com.
Attention all 2020 Coaches and Team Admins -- Beginning June 1, please go to the Forms and Downloads section of our site and review the New and Returning Coaches and Team Admin Volunteer Requirements. Please contact Larry Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New for 2020 Returning Football Coaches --- The Level I Tackle Course is good for 2 years. For all returning Coaches from 2019, please re-print your certificate to give to your Team Admin. Only NEW Coaches will be required to take the course. Do not take the training until you are given a code for the FREE TRAINING!
Attention Cheer --- Our youth cheer program will begin on August 3. Practice will be Monday through Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. though the summer. Once school starts, practice will be only two days and times will be based off of age groups.
Please contact Erika Koontz with any questions: email@example.com.
Please continue to come back and visit our website for more details about our 2020 Season.
2020 Football Age Group Coordinators
- Flag - Keith Levasseur
- 7U - Larry Thompson
- 8U - Todd Stup, Jr.
- 9U - Anthony Devita
- 10U - Chris Ciampa
- 11U - Mark Green
- 12U - Pat Grace
- 13/14U - Larry Thompson
- Equipment Pick-Up - Details to come (at Old Bushy Park Elementary School our equipment room).
- First Day of Evaluations for Football - Monday, August 3 @ Western Regional Park (on the turf). Report at 5:30 p.m. to check-in. Practice begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. Please remember to bring your child's completed Medical Clearance form.
- First Day for Pitbulls Flag Football Team - Monday, August 17 - Practice 2 to 3 nights during summer.
- Scrimmages will be Saturday, August 15; Saturday, August 22; and Saturday, August 29.
- Picture Day will be Thursday, September 10 (Rain Date is Friday September 11).
- Opening Weekend for our first In-Season game will be Saturday, September 5.
- Annual Bull Roast - Saturday, September 26 @ Salandra's Barn!
- Warhawks Charity Golf Classic - Date, Time and Location TBD
- Playoffs will be DETAILS SOON!
- Super Bowl will be DETAILS SOON!