The Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football and Cheer is committed to ensuring a positive youth football experience and advancing player safety this fall by providing league-wide coaching education and teaching resources that benefit players, parents and coaches through USA Football’s Heads Up Football program.
USA Football is the official youth development partner of the NFL and its 32 teams. Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football and Cheer is comprised of more than 400 players and over 100 coaches. Western Howard County Warhawks Youth Football coaches will be trained in Heads Up Football techniques before leading their teams this season. All Warhawk head coaches and assistant coaches will complete USA Football’s accredited Level 1 Coach Certification Course, which includes Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concussion recognition and response protocols; proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting; and Heads Up Tackling techniques, which aim to take the head out of the line of contact.
Through Heads Up Football, a Player Safety Coach/Player Safety Coach is trained by USA Football to implement, evaluate and monitor all Heads Up Football player safety protocols within the organization. Player Safety Coach works with league commissioners, coaches, parents and players throughout the season to provide on-site clinics and mentoring to ensure that coaching and player safety best practices are used.
Online Registration is now open for Football and Cheer. The cost is $185 for Football, $150 for Cheer and Flag Football. Please note there is NO early bird registration discount this season.
To register online follow these steps:
1. Go to the following link:
2. This will bring you to the Activity Search page with the various ages for football. You can also search for code RP5305.
3. Select the appropriate age/weight for your child and add it to your cart.
4. Check out and complete your registration.
5. If you are registering for Cheerleading, go to the same link in Step 1, change the code in the Search box to RP5304.
6. This will bring you to the Activity Search page with the various ages for cheerleading.
7. Complete Steps 3 and 4 above.
NOTE: If this is your first time registering online, to register, you must have an online password/account with Howard County Recreation and Parks. If you don't already have an account, click on the Start button from the menu across the top of the page . Select the "Sign In" button under the "Welcome to Howard County Registration Online". Select the"Create New Account" button. There is no cost to set up an account. An approval password will be emailed to you within 24-48 hours.
Please call 410-313-7275 if you have any issues or would like to register over the phone. Please watch for the email to come from Howard County Recreation and Parks with the instructions for registering your player/cheerleader and further details about the upcoming season.
2019 Football Head Coaches: (To Be Named Soon)
- Flag -
- 8U -
- 9U -
- 10U -
- 11U -
- 12U -
- 13U -
**Please note we will have additional Coaches if we have multiple teams per Age group.
- First Day of Evaluations for Football - Monday, August 5th
- First Day of Evaluations for Cheer - TBD Soon
- Parent Meeting for Football and Cheer - TBD Soon
- First Day for Pitbulls Flag Football Team - Monday, August 19th - Practice 2 to 3 nights during summer.
- Picture Day - September - Date TBD - 5:30PM
- Opening Weekend for our first In-Season game will be Saturday, September 1st.
- Annual Bull Roast at the Salandra Barn - Saturday, September 22nd - 7pm - 11pm --- Save the date!!!!!
- Playoffs will be October 27th and November 3rd
- Super Bowl will be November 10th
Attention all 2019 Football Coaches -- Please go to the Forms & Downloads tab and fill out the 2018 Football Coaching Application if you are considering coaching this season. All Coaches MUST fill out an application and send it to Larry Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention all 2019 Coaches and Team Admins -- Beginning June 1st, please go to the Forms and Downloads tab and review the New and Returning Coaches and Team Admin Volunteer Requirments. Please contact Larry Thompson, email@example.com with any questions.
New for 2019 Returning Football Coaches --- The Level I Tackle Course is good for 2 years. For all returning Coaches from 2018, please re-print your certificate to give to your Team Admin. Only NEW Coaches will be required to take the course. Please pay for the course and submit your expense to Larry Thompson to be reimbursed.
Attention Cheer --- Cheer will begin on August 6th. Practice will be Monday through Thursday from 6 to 8pm though the summer. Once school starts practice will be only two days and times will be based off of age groups.
There will be a training camp that will be offered for our cheerleaders. It's the week of August 6-10 from 9-12, with the option of early drop off and extended day care. It's at Pomeroy Gymnastics. Jeff Pomeroy will teach the tumbling part and Angela Bassett, our 11-12 Cheer Coach, will teach the cheer part. Register with Jeff at Pomeroy Gymnastics (3800 Ten Oaks Rd. Glenelg, Md. 21737 phone number- (410)489-5705). Please contact Erika Koontz with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to come back and visit our website to obtain more details about our 2019 Season.